Rackmount Thunderbolt™ 3 NAS, ideal for SNG/OB van live production
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Want to build a custom bundle? Contact us!
Exclusively providing a Thunderbolt™/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution, the TVS-1582TU offers four high-bandwidth Thunderbolt™ 3 ports for optimizing 4K video transfer and online editing. It is a perfect match for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac® and Windows® users for 4K workflows, file storage and high-speed sharing. The compact rack-mounted form factor makes the TVS-1582TU especially useful for SNG/OB van live media production that requires frequent relocation. The TVS-1582TU adopts 7th Generation Intel® 14nm multi-core processors and was designed around the concept of tiered storage, application-based partitioning and network traffic distribution to fulfill critical tasks with sophisticated capabilities.
- Turbo vNAS TVS-1582TU SAN/NAS Storage System
- 4 x Ethernet Cables
- 2 x Power Cords
- Flat Head Screws (for 3.5" HDD)
- Flat Head Screws (for 2.5" HDD)
- Quick Installation Guide
- A hybrid NAS supporting 3.5” & 2.5” drives in one chassis
- Qtier technology and SSD cache enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency
- The Network & Virtual Switch app assists network traffic distribution and re-routes dedicated bandwidth for diverse applications
- Superior 4K video playback and transcoding
- Four Thunderbolt™ 3 (40 Gbps) ports and dual 10GbE ports for on-the-fly video editing and rapid file sharing
- Four available combinations with Mac/PC and JBOD for flexible attaching, sharing and expansion
- Flexible storage expansion with QNAP storage expansion enclosures and Virtual JBOD (VJBOD)
- Supports QRM+ unified remote server management, virtualization (storage and hosting), containerization, and WirelessAP service
1. Requires MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 (or later) for using Thunderbolt connection on Mac.
2. Thunderbolt 3 reaches the maximum theoretical transfer rate of 40 Gigabits per second. Actual performance may vary due to hardware/software limitations and usage environment.
3. Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) doubles its theoretical potential for speed when compared to Thunderbolt 2 (20 Gbps). This results in the TVS-1582TU’s file transfer speed increasing from 900 MB/s to 1,600 MB/s.
|CPU||TVS-1582TU-i5-16G: Intel® Core™ i5-7500 3.4 GHz quad-core processor
TVS-1582TU-i7-32G: Intel® Core™ i7-7700 3.6 GHz quad-core processor
|System memory||Total DIMM slots: 4
Maximum memory: 64 GB (16 GB x4)
TVS-1582TU-i5-16G： System memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
Memory modules pre-installed: 8 GB x2
TVS-1582TU-i7-32G： System memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM
Memory modules pre-installed: 8 GB x4
|Flash Memory||512MB DOM|
|Hard Drive Tray||6 x 2.5" SSD
9 x 2.5"/3.5" hard drive or SSD
|Drive Interface||SATA 6Gbps/3Gbps; Hot-swappable|
|Thunderbolt Port||4 x Thunderbolt 3 port|
|USB||4 x USB 2.0 port (Rear)
4 x USB 3.0 port (Rear)
|LAN Port||2 x SFP+ 10GbE port
4 x GbE port
|HDMI Output||1 (HDMI 1.4b x1)|
|LED Indicators||System status, 2.5" SSD, 3.5" HDD|
|Buttons||System: Power button, Reset button|
|Form Factor||2U rackmount|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||88 x 442.5 x 530.5 mm
3.46 x 17.42 x 20.89 inch
|Weight||Net weight (NAS only): 14.18 kg/ 31.26 lb
Gross weight (with packing and accessories): 21.41 kg/ 47.20 lb
|Sound Level (dB)*||Sound pressure (LpAm) (bystander position): 53.9 dB
(with 9 x Seagate ST2000VN000-1HJ164 hard drive and 6 x Seagate ST500LT012 SSD installed)
|Relative Humidity||5~95% non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C|
|Power Supply||Redundant power: Input 90~264VAC; 450W x 2|
|PCIe Slot||3 (1* PCIe Gen3 x8; 2* PCIe Gen3 x4) Note: Three PCle slots are occupied by two Thunderbolt™ 3 card and a 10GbE adapter.|
|Fan||4 x 6 cm smart cooling fan|
Note: Use only QNAP memory modules to maintain system performance and stability. For NAS devices with more than one memory slot, use QNAP modules with identical specifications.
Warning: Using unsupported modules may degrade performance, cause errors, or prevent the operating system from starting.
* Sound Level Test Environment:
Refer to ISO 7779 ; Maximum HDD loaded ; Bystander Position ; Average data from 1 meter in front of operating NAS. Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Ethernet cable x 4
- Power cord x 2
- Flat head screws (for 3.5" HDD)
- Flat head screws (for 2.5" HDD)
- Quick Installation Guide
Download the QNAP TVS-1582TU Brochure (PDF).
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.