Powerful Thunderbolt™ 3 NAS boosts media collaboration between Mac and Windows users
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Exclusively providing a Thunderbolt™/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution, the TVS-1282T3 features four Thunderbolt™ 3 ports to enable seamless collaboration between up to four Mac® and Windows® devices. Coupled with its higher bandwidth to smooth 4K video transfer and online editing, the TVS-1282T3 is a perfect match for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac® and Windows® users for 4K workflows, file storage and high-speed sharing. The TVS-1282T3 leverages 7th Generation Intel® 14nm multi-core processors and was designed around the concept of tiered storage, application-based partitioning and network traffic distribution, providing exceptional performance to fulfill critical tasks.
- Turbo vNAS TVS-1282T3 SAN/NAS/DAS Server
- 4 x Ethernet cable
- 2 x 10Gbase-T Ethernet cable
- 1 x Power cord
- Screw for M.2 installation (2 x screw + 2 x bolt)
- 24 x Flat head screw (for 2.5" HDD)
- 2 x M.2 SSD Heatsink
- IR Remote Control
- Quick installation guide (QIG)
- Built-in M.2 SATA 6Gb/s slots & 2.5” SSD slots
- Qtier technology and SSD cache enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency
- The Network & Virtual Switch app assists network traffic distribution, and re-routes dedicated bandwidth for diverse applications
- Four Thunderbolt™ 3 (40 Gbps) ports and dual 10GbE network for on-the-fly video editing and rapid file sharing
- Four available combinations with Mac/PC and JBOD for flexible attaching, sharing and expansion
- Flexible storage expansion with QNAP storage expansion enclosures and Virtual JBOD (VJBOD)
- Supports QRM+ unified remote server management, Q’center for centrally managing multiple QNAP NAS, virtual machine and container applications, and storage for virtualization
1. Requires MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 (or later) for using Thunderbolt connection on Mac.
2. Thunderbolt 3 reaches the maximum theoretical transfer rate of 40 Gigabits per second. Actual performance may vary due to hardware/software limitations and usage environment.
3. Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) doubles its theoretical potential for speed when compared to Thunderbolt 2 (20 Gbps). This results in the TVS-1282T3’s file transfer speed increasing from 900 MB/s to 1,600 MB/s.
|CPU||TVS-1282T3-i5-16G: Intel® Core™ i5-7500 3.4 GHz quad-core processor
TVS-1282T3-i7-32G: Intel® Core™ i7-7700 3.6 GHz quad-core processor
TVS-1282T3-i7-64G: Intel® Core™ i7-7700 3.6 GHz quad-core processor
|System memory||TVS-1282T3-i5-16G： Total DIMM slots: 4
System memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
Memory modules pre-installed: 8 GB x2
Maximum memory: 64 GB (16 GB x4)
TVS-1282T3-i7-32G： Total DIMM slots: 4
System memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM
Memory modules pre-installed: 8 GB x4
Maximum memory: 64 GB (16 GB x4)
TVS-1282T3-i7-64G： Total DIMM slots: 4
System memory: 64 GB DDR4 RAM
Memory modules pre-installed: 16 GB x4
|Flash Memory||512MB DOM|
|M.2 Slot||2 x M.2 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
1. The M.2 SSD is not included as standard.
2. M.2 SSD operations can easily generate excessive heat. It is recommended to install a heatsink (from QNAP or a third-party provider) on the M.2 SSD.
|Hard Drive Tray||4 x 2.5" SSD
8 x 2.5"/3.5" hard drive or SSD
|Drive Interface||SATA 6Gbps/3Gbps; Hot-swappable|
4 x Thunderbolt™ 3 high-speed port
|USB||1 x USB 3.0 port (Front)
4 x USB 3.0 port (Rear)
|LAN Port||2 x 10GBase-T port
4 x GbE port
|Audio Input||Audio In: 2 x 6.3mm MIC In|
|Audio Output||2 x built-in speaker, 1 x 3.5mm Line-out jack
Note: Only one of the above audio output ports can work at a time. If a speaker is connected, the sound will output through the speaker.
|LED Indicators||System status, 2.5" SSD, M.2 SSD, 3.5" HDD|
|Buttons||System: Power button, Reset button, USB one-touch-backup button|
|Dimensions||234.6 x 369.9 x 319.8 mm
9.23 x 14.56 x 12.59 inch
|Weight||Net (NAS only): 11.55kg/ 25.46 lb
Gross (with packing and accessories): 13.65 kg/ 30.09 lb
|Sound Level (dB)*||Sound pressure (LpAm) (bystander position): 21.6 dB
(with 8 x Seagate ST2000VN000-1HJ164 hard drive installed)
|Relative Humidity||5~95% non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C|
|Power Supply||Input: 100-240V~, 3-1.5A, 60-50Hz; Output: 250W|
|PCIe Slot||3 (1* PCIe Gen3 x8; 2* PCIe Gen3 x4)
Note: Three PCle slots are occupied by two Thunderbolt™ 3 cards and a 10GbE adapter.
|Fan||System: 3 x 8 cm cooling fan
CPU: 2 x 9 cm fan
* Testing Environment:
Refer to ISO 7779 ; Maximum HDD loaded ; Bystander Position ; Average data from 1 meter in front of operating NAS
Download the QNAP TVS-1282T3 Series Datasheet (PDF).